Popular Posts

Oct 10, 2010

Wedding toasts


Then you  go to a wedding you have to make a speech, a wedding toast, but it`s not easy. You want to be remembered for your toast.  With these tips you won’t embarrass yourself in front of the whole wedding party.
Stand up while speaking

Always, always stand up when giving a best man speech or a toast. Make sure you have the gatherings attention first before you speak, and the best way to do that is to stand up and wait for quiet. Standing up is the first rule of any good public speaking and a wedding is no different.

Plan what you want to say

Never try and wing the speech. Giving a best man speech needs to be planned and written down well in advance. My brother started working on giving his best man speech weeks in advance. Unless you are a really confident public speaker, this is the best way to make sure you say everything you wanted to say.

Keep it clean

If you and the best man have known each other for a while and you’ve had some wild times together, this is not the time to air his dirty laundry. People think that giving a best man speech gives them the right to embarrass the groom and upset the bride, this is not the case. Don’t mention the trip to the strip joint or anything of that sort.

Keep it short

No one wants to be bored for hours with your speech. Make it short and to the point and don’t forget to add emotion when giving your best man speech. The wedding isn’t about you, it’s about the bride and groom, don’t forget that.
Practice makes perfect!

Practice your speech until you know it off by heart. There is nothing worse then giving a best man speech and having to look down at your notes constantly. Fidgeting with paper is a big no no.

I hope these tips have given you some pointers on what to do when giving your best man speech.
Good luck!

And here are some samples:

Classic Wedding Toasts From Bride to Her Groom

 Let's drink to love, which is nothing - unless it's divided by two.
 To my groom: he knows all about me and loves me just the same.
 I love you more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.
 To the wings of love:
May they never lose a feather,
But soar up to the sky above,
And last and last forever.
 To quote Walter Winchell,  "Never above you. Never below you. Always beside you."
 Here's to the man that's good and sweet,
Here's to the man that's true,
Here's to the man that rules my heart,
In other words, here's to you.
 "Drink to me only with thine eyes,
And I will pledge with mine;
Or leave a kiss within the cup,
And I'll not look for wine." ~Ben Jonson
 Because I love you truly,
Because you love me, too,
My very greatest happiness
Is sharing life with you.

 Classic Wedding Toasts From Groom to His Bride








 The world is happy and colorful, And life itself is new.
And I am very grateful for
The friend I found in you.
 To my bride: she knows all about me and loves me just the same.
 Let's drink to love, which is nothing -- unless it's divided by two.
Here's to the prettiest, here's to the wittiest,
Here's to the truest of all who are true,
Here's to the neatest one, here's to the sweetest one,
Here's to them, all in one -- here's to you.
 Here's to the woman that's good and sweet,
Here's to the woman that's true,
Here's to the woman that rules my heart,
In other words, here's to you.
 I love you more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.
 To the wings of love:
May they never lose a feather,
But soar up to the sky above,
And last and last forever.
 Here's to my mother-in-law's daughter,
Here's to her father-in-law's son;
Here's to the vows we've just taken,
And the life we've just begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment